- spybotsd162.exe Spybot Search and Destroy Spyware Scanner You can get the latest version from: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/
- http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/ Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
- moonphase a toolbar applet 85kb. Does not run under Windows7
- Moonphase v2.4a setup 1 mb. much the same as the one above? Does not run under Windows7
- Virtual Moon Atlas - original source http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualmoon or http://www.ap-i.net/avl/en/start Software for Moon observation and survey. Let you visualize the real Moon aspect at every time. Also help to study any lunar formations using feature database and pictures library.
- virtualmoonatlas-v5pro.exe 93mb Moon Atlas
- Older versions of 3.5: virtualmoonatlas-avllight35.exe 7 mb Moon atlas, "light" version 3.5 virtualmoonatlas-avlbasic35.exe 9 mb Moon atlas, "basic" version 3.5 virtualmoonatlas-avlsetup35.exe 15 mb Moon atlas, "full" version 3.5 virtualmoonatlas-avlproupd35.zip 7 mb Moon atlas, "pro-update" version 3.5
- Older versions of 3.0: virtualmoonatlas-avllight30.exe 7 mb Moon atlas, "light" version. virtualmoonatlas-avlbasic30.exe 9 mb Moon atlas, "basic" version 3. virtualmoonatlas-avlsetup30.exe 15 mb Moon atlas, "full" version 3. virtualmoonatlas-avlpro30.zip 371 mb Moon atlas, "pro" version 3.
- Stellarium v0.11.4 60mb Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope. It is being used in planetarium projectors. Just set your coordinates and go. You can get the latest version from: http://www.stellarium.org/ Available for Linux, Mac and Windows.
- ECU v3.0 shareware 1 mb by Dave Lane (Halifax Centre) for the PC under MS Windows You can find the latest version at: http://www.nova-astro.com/
- Skychart (was Cartes du Ciel) skychart-3.4.1-1840-windows.exe free planetarium program
For more modules go to http://www.astrosurf.com/astropc for the PC under MS windows
- For those running linux under KDE, there is a fantastic program called KSTARS, available from http://edu.kde.org/kstars/
- Starry Night Program updates (bug fixes):
Starry Night Pro v3.xx to v3.12 update 15 mb
- deepskystacker332.zip DeepSkyStacker is a freeware for astrophotographers that simplifies all the pre-processing steps of deep sky pictures. * Registering * Stacking * Simple post-stacking processes to quickly view the final result. * Saving the resulting image to a TIFF or FITS file (16 or 32 bit) You can get the latest version at: http://deepskystacker.free.fr/english/
- setupregistax5192.exe Registax V5 software for alignment/stacking/processing of images. You can get the latest version from http://www.astronomie.be/registax/
- Clock Internet Clock time setting 0.5 mb. Good to keep your computer time synchronized. Windows XP and newer have internet time setting capabilities builtin, we recommend you use time.nrc.ca as the time source to syncronize to.
- planets202.zip The Planets (Version 2.02) (updated 2002 Feb 25) Visual display of planets rotating On-Line JAVA Application Features: Jupiter's Moons, Galilean Transits, Shadow Transits, Galilean Phenomena Table, Great Red Spot, Rings of Saturn, Saturn's 8 Visible Moons, Smooth Animation and an Animated Solar System Map of the Sky You can get the latest version from http://www.cpac.org.uk/solar.asp
- apod_inst.exe APOD is a lean piece of software that automatically brings to your desktop a new daily inspiring editor-picked astronomy picture with an explanation written by professional astronomers. Latest version (3/2008): apod_inst.zip. Astronomy Picture of the Day is a web site hosted by NASA and maintained by professional astronomers who pick a new exciting beautiful astronomy picture every day. Astronomy Picture of the Day has been active for more than 7 years, successfully sharing the beauty of the universe with us all. APOD brings it one step further, setting those beautiful astronomy pictures, optionally with their scientific explanation, as your desktop wallpaper. You can get the latest version at: http://nightskylive.net/software/apod/ Does not work under Windows7
- Space.com desktop themes 4 mb
- Skyglobe v3.6 Planetarium 0.5 mb
Award-winning Top Ten PC planetarium program that is fast, fun, and easy to use. SkyGlobe has over 29,000 stars, constellation lines, the planets, Sun, and Moon, the Milky Way, the Messier Objects, and much more. It is the fastest program of its kind available, and uses the mouse or convenient command keys. Now with better printing, GIF image display, and support for up to 250,000 stars! Does not run under Windows7.